Our Values & Practices
What is Mosaic? Mosaic is a fresh expression from the Living Stones, Eastbourne family. We are defined by three key words. Gather – Empower – Release.
We are a people who gather together, usually around food, and empower each other to be all that God calls us to be , then we release each other into our mission fields to gather others and repeat the process.
But, in real nuts and bolts terms it is…?
It can be broken down to two key principles:
- Loving God in Prayer and
- Loving Our Neighbours in Practice
This is expressed through six key practices derived from important aspects of the biblical story:
- Prayer & Worship – We believe everything flows out from prayer and worship. We will value ‘all kinds of prayers on all occasions’ including adoration, petition, intercession, contemplation and spiritual warfare.
- Creativity – We will love God by celebrating His creativity in all we do. We want to begin to nurture our imaginations and cultivate artistic expressions of prayer and worship through art, sculpture, cooking, music, poetry, dance, fun and a celebratory lifestyle.
- Justice & Mercy – We will love people through lifestyles of justice and mercy, engaging with the needs of the poor, speaking up for the oppressed and speaking prophetically to unjust structures.
- Hospitality – We will love people through hospitality, welcoming strangers into our lives and homes, sharing meals and nurturing friendships across boundaries of race and culture.
- Evangelism – We will love the world by actively sharing the good news of Jesus with those who have not yet received Him, through the incarnation and verbal proclamation.
- Learning Together – We love the world through training and discipleship, so that we continually grow in faith, in life, in wisdom and in effectiveness.